26 August 2010

Steelcase Node desk chairs: Just in time for back-to-school

Now only if the Board of Ed would spend money on cool stuff kids wouldn't mind going to school so much. Least it would be a more pleasant environment.

Where I live, school is beginning. The day that most kids have been dreading is here, where they will find their assigned seat for the next 8 months.
I remember when I was going to school, there was always the issue with desks. There were always teachers that would probably die if they came to class and found the desks screwed to the floor, as they would move their desks randomly in weird rows, clumps, and, my personal favorite, the giant circular formation.
Steelcase Node must have made these specialized desks for those type of teachers. As you can see, every desk has wheels for easy movement, and can swivel so the student is always facing the teacher.
You will also note that there is ample space underneath for baggage. After all, a modern-day student often carries a laptop and laptop bag, and they can take up a lot of space, especially with a stack of textbooks.
You will also note that the desks come in all sorts of colors. Considering that most of the schools I went to in my youth always had manila colored tabletops, this is a diverse and welcome change.
My Source doesn’t have a price on these desks. I’m sure if there are too expensive, then you won’t see them in most classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment