10 February 2009

Sweeping Bag

Mom prepares for her trip to Guatemala. As some of you know my mom has elected to go on a trip to Guatemala to help the poor there. My Aunt Amel is an o.r. nurse and she goes every year with a group of plastic surgeons to assist in operating on children born with facial deformities. It's such an incredibly noble cause. This year they have an ophthalmologist going and since Mom is an optometrist I think she could help him a lot by saving him time in doing the basic refraction so he can concentrate on surgery. This is her little sleeping bag for her trip. According to what the literature says there won't be many modern facilities so she'll have to rough it. Although as a little reward they will be stopping in Antigua for a night. Nice! 



I'm excited for her. I've given her my old digital camera so she can document her trip. hopefully I can convince her to blog it when she gets home.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I had to remind Mom to take pics and document her travels. I'm so excited for her... :o)

    ReplyDelete