11 January 2009

Sushi Samba

Out of all the restaurants this was my favorate for food.  I've been here before with Penny and at another time with my friend Melissa.  Each time I've tried different foods, I think mainly due to the massive menu it's hard to order the same thing twice.  I think we also spent the most money for the food here but I know for sure we were the most full here!

Very festive front.  Nice and bright, can't miss it.  Hehe.

I would draw a thought bubble above Grace's head if I could but I can't so I'm thinking she's thinking, "Where are Kathleen and Audrey?  I'm hungry!"

Kodak moment.

The sushi bar.

Since Patrick didn't use the flash for any of the pics he had to adjust the shutter speed.  Not sure how this happened but this came out looking really cool.  Also the lights in the restaurant were very orange hence our pics came out that way too but at least we didn't have an annoying flash going off all night to annoy our fellow diners.

The four musketeers.

Our view from our seats.  The restaurant was still relatively empty so we had a booth in the corner which was nice.  It started to fill up by the time we left.

My appetizer, plain old skrimp tempura.  Nothin' like fried foods to start a big meal.

This was Grace's appetizer.  I forgot what she got.  I think it was squid again.  Hmm, de ja vu.

Ahh, Patrick's lobster ceviche.  Oh so yummy!  I think it might have been the most artsy dish we ordered that night.  I have to say though it was a good size portion and quite yummy.

This was the special of the night.  A special yellowtail variety.  I couldn't remember by the time she said the whole menu twice I was still confused.  So I just said I'll have the special.  Haha.

Rock shrimp tempura!  Woo hoo!

Gimme, gimme, gimme!  Wait, who's appetizer was this anyway?  Tee hee.  Oh, I think it was Pat's.  Whoops, sorry dude.

Why Miss Audrey ordered... fish!  Not the chicken that she usually gets.  It's looked good.  I didn't have any as there was so much food in front of me I think I took over the whole table with my ginormous plates.

Patrick ordered some specials too.  I don't remember what it was, lol.  Everything was so nicely presented.

Grace ordered some curry seafood dish.  I don't remember which one it was on the menu but it was good.  I was picking at it over her shoulder all night.  Look there's a teeny lobster on top.  Hmm, isn't that illegal?  

You can do it Pat!  You can do it!

I shall call it Squishy, and you shall be mine.  Here's Squishy.....

Why is that the dessert menu?

Those are my three cubes of tres leches.  Yum, so fattening.  Audrey's chocolate something or other in the UFO plate.  We all thought it was cool.

Patrick got the sorbet.  Nice touch with the orchid.  Hmm, I didn't see it at the end of the meal, did you eat it Patrick??  Hehe.  Grace had some odd dessert but it was just the right size and quite yummy.  I have to come back again soon.

All in all I think we had the most fun and the best food here at Sushi Samba.  Four thumbs up!  They are having two different restaurant weeks this winter to see if they can boost the economy a little bit here in the city.  Things are looking a little bleek for the restaurant industry here, but we four did our part in spending some serious dough on food this holiday season.  Not to bad since I didn't buy anyone any gifts this year.  Lol.  Merry Happy to me!



3 comments:

  1. Nice post! As for the bubble comment coming out of my head I think I was thinking: "I won't mind if Kathleen and Audrey are a little bit late as I just made a pig of myself at Max Brenner's!" I note, however, that having a hot chocolate and that extremely over the top chocolate pizza did not stop me overeating at Sushi Samba. It was soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the Samba 7 roll (delicious) and the daily special roll as well (kobe beef). Super top notch recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right I remember now. Lol.

    ReplyDelete