10 April 2011

To Kindle or to Nook

You know I never thought I was an eBook kind of gal.  There was always something about turning the pages of a book and the smell of printed paper.  One of my favorite sagas is coming out on HBO as a new epic miniseries by author George R.R. Martin.  I just love these books, so much so that I've read the first 4 books twice.  I am anxiously awaiting the new release in July (A Dance With Dragons).

So back to my original thought, I have thought about purchasing the new book when it finally comes out in paperback, because lugging around a 1200 page book is just hell on one's shoulder.  Until my friend let me fiddle around with his Kindle.  Of course the geek in me now wants one.  It's seems so practical and my whole library is in this little device.  So naturally I looked on both the Amazon website and the Barnes and Noble website to compare.... crap.  SO hard to decide.  Color is quite an attractive feature but they're pretty much comparable in all other features.  And you know I would never have even thought about it if the dang books were on average 900 to 1200 pages long....

What to do???






No comments:

Post a Comment