10 September 2010

Plumen Designer Light Bulb

Oh these are so cool!

Now only if I had the need for them. My folks bought a crap load of those ugly ones since they were on sale and cheap. Oh well.


I like how long compact fluorescent bulb last, but I’ve never really liked the look of them. As busy as the coils are I’ve thought for a while that there are certain lamps it looks really strange used within. Apparently I’m not the only one to feel that way, because this bulb was created this way just for the looks. Plumen 001 is the world’s first designer low energy light bulb.

It will work great with or without a shade, although I can’t say that I see the point in using a designer bulb and then hiding it with a lampshade. Like your average low energy bulb it’ll save you a bit on your energy bill and will last 8 times longer than a standard light bulb. One bad thing is that it won’t work at all in the US, but those of you in Europe can pick one up. You can purchase one for £20.00 or about $30.

Source: OhGizmo

No comments:

Post a Comment