15 August 2010

Questlove in LIC

Hung out with my cousin Miss Audrey Allure today.  Questlove was dj'ing at PS1 in Long Island City.  I had a great time.  It's been quite sometime since I've gone out and just enjoyed myself.  It felt really good and Miss Audrey is always good company because she's so chill.  ;o)

This is a shot on the way to the venue.  I don't think I've ever walked this way, we're right by the Citicorp Building.


Another building along the way....

The famous graffiti building.

We decided to grab a bite to eat before heading off to the venue.  Saw a smooshed cantaloupe on the way.

I forgot the name of the diner but it was a classic old school New York diner.  Hehe.

I forgot to take a picture of my lunch before I ate it but I had a chicken and spinach wrap with seasoned curly fries.  Mmm, mmm, mmm.  

Finally made it in there.  Looks like the crowd is growing.

They even had a kiddie pool there.  The kids looked like they were having a blast.

The dancefloor...

There he is in the flesh, Questlove.  Oh, he's the little guy in the left corner with the mic.

Oh no!  The decorations are blowing away in the wind!  Watch out y'all!  Heads up!

Miss Audrey and I chillin' by the carpeted wall.  It was warm and breezy.  Nice day to be outside.

We ended up in Starbucks to have a refreshing drink before we went back home.

All in all it was a nice day.  I am now enjoying our free month of HBO and catching up on the movies I never got to watch in the theaters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment