25 July 2010

Foreign Flick Fridays

As a suggestion from my cousin Miss Audrey Allure, (see blog link on side), I have decided to do Friday as the foreign film night.  That way those of you who would rather stay home and watch an interesting flick can check out some of the selections I have made.  I know I haven't kept up with this but now that I have more idle time to kill I will keep up with my posts more often.  Since I am two days late I will post this film for you to enjoy.  I have not watched in full the original Spanish version of this movie yet but I did see the version with Tom Cruise.  I liked the storyline of the movie but am not a big Tom Cruise fan to begin with so it was a little painful to watch him acting for a whole feature film.  It stars one of my favorite actresses Penelope Cruz, she was in the English version as well.  Below is a a brief description of the movie.

Abre Los Ojos

Eduardo Noriega is a rich womanizer who prowls the parties and bars of Madrid, intent on bagging chicks.  But when Noriega falls for the beautiful Sophia (Penelope Cruz), he's the one who's bagged.  It looks like a happy ending until a jealous (and unstable) old girlfriend, Nuria, cajoles the young stud into taking one last drive with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment