28 June 2009

Wedding!


Yesterday was my friend Melissa's bridal shower. It was in Jersey of course because she lives there. Had it at this little Thai place there. The food was good and the lunch wasn't too long and drawn out like some bridal showers I've been to. Everything came out perfect that day. I of course forgot my camera so I'll just run down the menu. We had beef curry puffs, chicken and beef sate, pad thai, chicken masaman, another beef dish with mixed veggies, a spicey duck salad, shiu mai on steroids (they were ginormous!), grilled shrimp with wild rice pilaf (that was amazing!), and of course two desserts mangoes with sticky rice and a warm chocolate tart with fresh whipped cream and sprinkled powdered sugar. I was so full by the time I got out of there I skipped dinner totally.
















The party favor is a little towel that looks like a little cake... so cute. I don't think I'll use it. I will never get it to look like that again. Lol. There were cupcakes as well, there were extras so I took two. One vanilla and the other one was a red velvet cupcake. They were yummy but I have to say my sister's red velvet cupcakes are much better.
















In the end she made a little speech and I told myself I wasn't going to cry but I did. I'm such a mush like that. She called me her very special guest and thanked me for being there during some really tough times in her life. It was really touching. Can't wait for the wedding. It's going to be good fun.

1 comment: