25 January 2009

Bann

Dinner with Michelle and her son Lamene at Bann. A Korean fusion restaurant near my gym that I haven't gone to in months. Ahem, but that's for another blog. The food was quite good and the portions are large considering the portions in most of the restaurants these days. I had a good time. It's nice to get out once in a while.


Michelle & Lamene

(Holy shmoly, he was only 6 when I started working there! *sigh*)

Michelle had the flash fried calamari & assorted vegetables sauteed in a spicey honey chilli glaze.
My appetizer. Minced sea scallops with Korean pine mushrooms baked in a shrimp mousse.

Lamene had the slowly roasted baby pork ribs with a soy & chili glaze served over green tea crostini.

Michelle and I both ordered the same entree. Red snapper in rice paper braised in a spicey black bean sauce with soy beans, ginkgo and bamboo shoots.

Lamene's entree. Chicken breast stuffed with Korean chestnuts, dates & couscous braised in a sweet & spicey sauce.

Lamene's dessert was a traditional hot chocolate cake. Individually molded rich dark chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.

Michelle had the Yellow Mung Bean Cups. Organic mungbean custard baked in a toasted pistachio crust.

And of course I got the most fattening thing on the dessert menu. Creme brulee. I had a selection of three different flavours. Strawberry, pumpkin, and my favorate the ginger. (Grace I know you would've loved that one!)

Don't forget the tea to get those digestive juices working... We ordered a simple green tea.

I had a splendid time as well as my dinner companions. I love going out to dinner. Time for another master cleanse session!

2 comments:

  1. Heck yea I would have loved the ginger creme brulee!!! Mmm ... stellar choice on the dessert!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until I'm back in town to try this place! Eyeballing the minced sea scallops appetizer...

    ReplyDelete